Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stuff i've been into lately

Well, apparently, stuff i've been into lately doesnt include posting to my blog.

Here's some fun videos i've loved (or been turned on to).

Randy Newman has been a favorite lately. From listening to the Toy Story stuff as a kid and thinking, "Wow, that's a really catchy song." Then i learned he has this incredibly sardonic side, or maybe he's a sarcastic, satiric songwriter with a soft side - shown in the movie soundtracks. And i love his voice. It's gritty and soulful to me. Cant ask for more...



My dad came up to me the other telling me about Tiny Tim. He was shocked to know i'd never heard of him. My goodness this guy is a piece of work! And i mean that in a nice, complementing way because i myself am quite a piece of work too. Although, when i read his bio on wikipedia, i discovered that he had an encyclopedic knowledge of early 1900's music (if i remember the period correctly).

Also, in the movies i've been watching recently i was thinking that when it comes down things in relationships, honesty is absolutely, incredibly important. i dont think there's room for deception and "feint within a feint within a feint" when it comes to healthy interactions with people.

No comments: